Trolley Services Australia Pty Limited, trading as Trolley Tracker™, aims to provide its clients - major retailers across Australia - and callers with the best possible service. Trolley Tracker™ will provide a service to its customers which will be professional and which will at all times uphold the standards of the customers and callers.
Trolley Tracker™ takes phone, online and app submissions from members of the public who wish to report the location of wayward shopping trolleys so they can be collected and returned to stores
Trolley Tracker™ respects and upholds the rights of callers to privacy protection under the Privacy Act 1988 and is required to comply with the National Privacy Principles in respect of the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information.
This Policy sets out our policy for dealing with callers’ personal information so they can feel confident about how we manage information provided to us. The policy is also applicable to Related Entities of Trolley Tracker™ and Trolley Services Australia Pty Ltd.
Definition of ‘Personal Information’
Personal Information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
Personal Information is generally collected by Trolley Tracker™ from its customers and general members of the public in relation to:
- Reporting the location of lost trolleys;
- The receipt of a prize in response to reporting the locating of a lost trolley;
- Marketing and promotional activities;
- Preparing reports detailing activities of Trolley Tracker™ for its customers;
- Responding to enquiries regarding services that Trolley Tracker™ offers;
- Receiving feedback and dealing with complaints;
- Obtaining necessary licenses from statutory bodies;
- Fulfilling statutory and legal requirements.
When and how do we collect personal information?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. Trolley Tracker™ may collect information from you including your personal information (such as name, e-mail and phone number) in the following ways:
- Through our website;
- Through our Android and IOS Applications;
- Through our Trolley Tracker™ social media pages;
- When you contact our toll free number in order to enquire about or report a lost trolley;
- When we provide training for our customers and their employees;
- The completion of customer comment or feedback forms;
- When you participate in Trolley Tracker™ caller promotions and market research; and
What do we do with the personal information?
Trolley Tracker’s™ primary goal in collecting personal information is to:
- Maintain a database of existing and previous customers;
- Maintain a database of members of the general public who have enquired about, or reported a lost trolley;
- Maintain a database of persons eligible to receive a prize for the reporting of a lost trolley in order to notify the persons if they win a prize;
- Prepare market research and analysis;
- Assess the results of marketing and promotional activities;
Examples of the types of organizations we may need to disclose information to in the course of providing a product or service are:
- advertising agencies who assist us with our promotional, marketing and research activities;
- accountants, lawyers and other service providers.
Those parties are not authorized to use your personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them.
Trolley Tracker™ does not disclose personal information to external parties for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their services. However, Trolley Tracker™ may join its customers (or retailers) in joint marketing of their services to customers and the general public.
Security of Personal Information
Trolley Tracker™ takes all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Ways to protect personal information includes:
- secure premises;
- restricting access for employees to personal information which they need to fulfill their positions only;
- computer identifiers, passwords, firewalls, anti virus software.
We do not collect information which is capable of personally identifying you from you, unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly.
If you report the location of a lost trolley and wish to be eligible to receive a prize, Trolley Tracker™ will require personal information which enables Trolley Tracker™ to contact you and advise you that you have been successful.
Trolley Tracker™ advertises the monthly prize winners on its website. Trolley Tracker™ generally reveals a photograph of the monthly prize winner, together with a short description of the monthly winner from information that you supply to Trolley Tracker™. If you do not want Trolley Tracker™ to publish your personal photograph and description in the event that you win the monthly prize, then you must notify Trolley Tracker™ at the time you are informed about winning the monthly prize.
For members of the general public that report a lost trolley over the internet, Trolley Tracker™ confirms that any Personal Information supplied will not be shared, sold, rented or otherwise disclosed outside the company or its Related Entities (except as required for any statutory or legal requirements) except for the purposes identified as follows:
Information collected by Telephone
- the receipt of a prize in response to reporting the locating of a lost trolley;
- marketing and promotional activities;
- preparing reports detailing activities of Trolley Tracker™ for the customer;
- fulfilling statutory and legal requirements.
Trolley Tracker™ will use the details you provide to our telephone operators in order to provide the information to our retail customers. This may involve sending information or making a follow-up call. We may also use the information you provide to monitor repeat complaints about a particular Trolley Tracker™ service.
Personal information collected from you by our telephone operators may also be used for internal product development and quality control purposes.
Your personal data is stored in a database and we also keep paper records of all correspondence that is sent to you. Any serious complaints that Trolley Tracker™ receives are printed out and filed separately in hard copy so that they may be given special attention and be investigated expediently.
Can you access personal information that you have submitted to us?
If you consider that any of your personal information has been compromised in any way, please let us know. You can contact Trolley Tracker™ by telephoning (02) 4926 2755.